We will aspire that our academy will be a caring, happy and safe place where all adults and children can flourish and achieve their full God given potential for "Everything is possible for someone who has faith." Mark 9:23
Our Core Values
Love Friendship Compassion Courage Justice
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
Believe Achieve Inspire
We believe in ourselves and others in the power of good over evil in God and in his love for all
We achieve by working to do the best we possibly can by using what we learn to help others by building our lives on firm, strong foundations
We inspire through confidence to do more than we thought possible, through being good examples, through trying to make God's world a better place
Through our vision, values and motto our mission will be to:
- put the safety of our children and staff as a priority
- develop academically and creatively so that all have the courage knowing that 'Everything is possible for someone who has faith'
- have collective worship at its heart contributing to the spiritual development of all
- develop partnerships with the Trust and between church and community
- prioritise the teaching of RE so that pupils develop religious literacy and a deeper understanding of other faiths, beliefs and cultures
- encourage all to understand the true meaning of friendship and compassion so that our academy is always a caring and happy place
- provide good support for good mental health and wellbeing for all
- develop the opportunity to understand and respect difference and diversity and seek justice in our local, national and global community
- to enable each child to achieve his or her full potential by encouraging the attainment of the highest academic standards possible;
- to provide a broad, balanced, relevant and inspiring curriculum based on Christian values, together with those values derived from other groups represented within its community;
- to encourage and develop mutual respect and understanding between fellow human beings, and a sense of self-discipline, self esteem and responsibility, through the pupils' experience of relationships within the academy;
- to promote high standards of teaching and learning
- to develop each child's knowledge, skills, experience and imaginative understanding as learners for life;
- to maintain and enhance links between academy, home and parish, particularly seeking to involve parents fully in the life of the academy and in its connections with the work of the Church and the wider community;
- to provide an attractive, welcoming environment, together with the best possible accommodation and resources;
- to enable staff and local committee members to fulfil the aims of the academy by a sympathetic awareness of professional needs.
- to review regularly the academy's priorities in order to fulfil our mission in a constantly changing world.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
In accordance with The Department for Education we aim to actively promote British values in schools to ensure young people leave school prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all faiths, races and cultures with respect and tolerance and understand that while different people may hold different views about what is ‘right’ and ‘wrong’, all people living in England are subject to its law.
The Key Values are:
- rule of law
- individual liberty
- mutual respect
- tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs